The Neighbours of Tiny is a soon to be launched Community Magazine for the neighbourhoods of Perkinsfield, Tiny Beaches & Wyevale.
The Content Coordinator position is part-time, project based (monthly), and allows you to work on your own schedule at your own pace. However, some daytime hours may be involved for connecting with subjects and researching articles. A familiarity with Tiny Township would be a definite asset. Meeting deadlines is mandatory!
The Content Coordinator will be responsible for:
- coordinate and write a new Resident Feature for each magazine each month
- compile a local Calendar of Events section
- adhering to strict deadlines
- submit all magazine content by the Submission Deadline
- proof magazine content within 24 business hours of receiving a magazine proof from the Designer.
- obtain referrals from past features as leads for future neighbourhood features
- edit all contributed content, including any submitted Expert Contributor articles
- write/edit local filler articles on occasion
- write up to two Business Profiles/extra articles each month (depending on direction from the Publisher)
- receive and compile Classified and Youth Classified ad submissions
must have Microsoft Word and be comfortable using it
- must be proficient in navigating the internet and downloading photos in the required resolution sizes
- must show professional, friendly and timely communication via email and phone
Please submit your resume and two examples of your writing abilities. They need not be published works, but should reflect a feature story style, a business profile or blog post.